WORK WORK WORK WORK…….from home

**Cue Rihanna in the background**

I have been WFH for over 2 years now and it has been THE BEST. Because we are both very family oriented and HATE working a 9-5 it was a no brainer. My fiancé quit their job at the beginning of COVID to spend time with our 6 year-old and I. It has been absolutely amazing. 

I do want to say it takes a special person to not go into a work like setting. You have to be good at time management, be easily focused + not easily distracted, and be able to be flexible. It is hard to watch my fiancé and our daughter go outside, or go to the pool, or go shopping while I am stuck working at home. It’s easier when you’re at work and they are doing all of those things. HOWEVER, the benefit of not working 40 hours a week and spending the day in the same vicinity as them far out weighs not being with them for 8 hours a day. Being able to travel full time is also a HUGE plus! Being able to be in a different state from day to day is unreal! 


One of the huge advantages of WFH is the amount of FREEDOM you have. I am blessed with a job that allows me to work when I am free. If we are bored, annoyed with neighbors, or even just becoming complacent, we have the ability to just GO! 





I’m not even joking when I say we don’t have plans for the short term. We live in the moment. When we meet people on the road and they say ‘where are you headed next?’ Our honest answer is ‘We don’t know’ 


It is such a freeing feeling. I know what you’re thinking, “That would stress me out not knowing where we are going to next’ However, it really isn’r. Planning ahead can create more stressful situations because if we: get tired of one place, the weather is too bad to travel, we ABSOLUTELY love a campground, we aren’t obligated to anywhere else. We have the ability to change our plans. 


With that being said, when you purchase a home, you don’t really get to choose your neighbors, same with the RV living. You can’t choose your neighbors, but you can for sure pack up early and hope the next campground is better. 


It is such an amazing feeling to have the freedom to go. 



Can we also just take a second to imagine all of the different office views I get? Mountains, beach, snow, you name it. The one above is probably one of my fav views! Palm Trees, Snow, Mountains. It is true paradise! 

Comments

Popular Posts