Your space. Your way. | Moving Back In With My Mom With My Wife and 6 year-old

 



NEVER take advantage of waking up in your own home. 


It’s a whole different experience. After living in someone else’s home (especially your mom’s) for 2 months, you get a new perspective on feeling comfortable and relaxed in your own home. Seeing your things on the walls and waking up to your smell. (That one is HUGE) Being able to do what you want when you want without having to feel like you are a burden to anyone else. 


I have been eternally grateful for this house on wheels since we got back in it. I am naturally an introvert. Sometimes I get out of my comfort zone and chat it up with the neighbors at the park/grounds we are staying at, but most of the time I find any excuse to go back inside. 


I love being in my safe space. You don’t get to do that when you live with your mom. She thinks it’s very rude if you aren’t spending time with her. (Which makes total sense. If our 6 year-old was posted up in her room. I’d be like uhhhh…..K? We’re out here.) 


My wife + 6 year-old are natural extroverts so they were cool with it the entire time. Someone to talk to other than the 2 of us. LOL. 


Overall though, I wouldn’t change it for the world. Knowing that we don’t get to see family very often with this lifestyle and knowing that it won’t last forever, keeps me going. Seeing my nieces and nephews, my best friends, and the rest of family is worth the little bit of getting out of my comfort zone. 




Comments

Popular Posts