Mountain Lusting


There's not much to say when you're in the mountains.

A lot of words like 'wow' and 'oh golly this is beautiful' come out the most. Traveling has always been on my bucket list. Enjoying the beauties all over the world. As a kid, my parents NEVER traveled. We stayed in Indiana with the occasional trip to FL to visit my grandparents. When I asked them to go camping (one too many times) they always had a long sob story to the final destination answer of 'absolutely not'

Here it is: They were on a camping trip with little experience. Just out to enjoy the wonders of nature. After a long-fought battle with the tent, they got it set up and staked in. After long chats by the fire, listening to the river babble, watching the stars move across the sky, they decided it was time to sleep. In the middle of the night, it started to downpour. (Not an issue because they were in a tent) HOWEVER, a few hours later, they ended at the bottom of the hill knee-deep in the river. With all of that being said, they would never take us.

With that being said, when I turned 20, my aunt offered for me to fly to GA to live with her for a summer. That was a dream come true! Spend the summer in a guest house next to her half-million-dollar house? ABSOLUTELY! This was the best summer I have ever had. Exploring around GA with no real intentions! At that moment I realized, this is what I was meant to do. Travel.

I went back to Indiana and traveled around to local states; Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois, etc. This wasn't enough! I needed more.

This is what led me here. Halfway across the US with my fiance and our 6 year old. We have officially lived in 10 states across the United States.

Follow along to see the places we will visit!

Comments

Popular Posts